Brewery Youth Arts is our in-house participation and creative learning department with provision from early years to young adulthood.
At the heart of what we do are the relationships we develop with our young people and their parents/carers, as well as our funders, artists, creative partners and with each other.
We aim to make all arts experiences accessible, authentic and exciting in order to engage and inspire.
Through the delivery of an effective creative learning programme we endeavour to offer:
- A caring safe, inspiring and welcoming environment
- The best opportunities to develop new skills through working with talented, experienced tutors
- The chance to create theatre, dance and visual arts with a group of like-minded young people
- The opportunity to have your voice heard through creating your own work
- A person-centred participatory approach in all classes
- Help with work experience opportunities, career development and advice from our wonderful team of industry professionals
- Help and support to achieve an Arts Award qualification if desired
- Performance opportunities in the best theatre in the area supported by our professional teams including Technical and Production, Marketing and House Management
- Opportunities to perform in local and national festivals and events
- Opportunities to exhibit your art work at the Brewery and in other local community venues
- Workshop and performance opportunities with our associate artists and companies
- Personal development through our Young Ambassadors programme to help influence the future of the Brewery
- The chance to develop a range of core transferable skills including resilience, confidence, motivation, teamwork, co-operation, communication and negotiation
- The chance to make lots of new friends, have fun and learn to be the best you can be