Tutor Frances Winder | 10.30am – 4.30pm | £55
Develop free use of acrylic paint using different methods and materials including gesso, rags and card, impasto techniques and collage work.
What will the course or workshop cover and how will it be taught?
The workshop will be taught through practical activity, basic and advanced techniques of paint application and straightforward instruction on composition and subject choice. This is all combined with an experimental approach and free use of paint. We look at work by several different artists for inspiration. This workshop is suitable for beginners, as well as those with some experience of using acrylics.
What do I need to bring with me?
- Acrylic paints, brushes, palette (Frances recommends a stay wet palette which you can buy or make. A plastic flat box like a sandwich box with a sealing lid as large as you can manage, kitchen roll and some greaseproof paper will make one for you.)
- Sketches, sketchbook or reference material.
- Rags and an old credit card, or similar to cut up.
- Masking tape and a water pot are useful.
- Black acrylic ink, cling film, and gesso, if you have it. Frances will provide some gesso for those who haven’t got any.
- Paper, rough paper or notebook to work out designs, good watercolour paper, rough or not surface, canvas or canvas board or a book of acrylic paper.
Are there any additional costs?
About the tutor
Frances has a fine art degree and teaching qualification gained in Manchester and has taught at secondary level and in adult education and colleges, She spent a period working for advertising agencies and architects in the Manchester and Cheshire area.
Now based in Kendal, her work has been exhibited at the Up-front gallery, Farfield Mill, Old Courthouse Gallery in Ambleside and the La-al gallery in Kendal. Her work is in international collections in Europe, America, Australia and Africa as well as the UK.
PLEASE BOOK YOUR TICKETS IN ADVANCE OF YOUR VISIT
Brewery Members receive a 10% discount on most ticketed live performances and event tickets, sign in to your account to take advantage of these discounts.
All our ticket prices include a 50p commission. This fee helps us continue to fund our diverse programme. Creative learning classes & workshops are exempt.
Audio Description (AD) is available in Screen 1. Infrared audio system is available in both Cinema Screens 1 and 2. Induction loops (T) are in place in the Theatre, please ask for assistance on the door.
Some live events may carry strict age restrictions, these are outlined on our website. Under 16’s must be accompanied by an adult at all times during evening events.
Unwaged* – For those in receipt of Universal Credit, Working Tax credits, Job Seekers Allowance or Income Support. Discounts may not be applicable on certain events.