15 Jan – 25 Mar | 7-9pm | Tutor Amy Arnold | £126 (10 weeks)
This course aims to give you the freedom and confidence to begin writing (or go on writing) whatever it is you really want to write. Suitable for anyone who’s ever had the urge to put pen to paper.
What will the course or workshop cover and how will it be taught?
- Explore what makes you want to write and what you want to say.
- Start writing! Begin work on an extended writing project. Poetry, short stories, novels, memoir, non-fiction – anything goes.
- Come prepared to take part in a range of activities, readings, discussions and exercises.
- There are opportunities (but no obligation) to share written work.
- Discover some brilliant books and web resources to help unleash your creativity.
- By the end of the course, you should have the impetus and courage to write whatever it is you’ve always wanted to write. You might already have a rough draft in your hands too.
Please note there are no classes on the following dates:
Spring term: 17 to 21 February
What do I need to bring with me?
Pen/pencil, notebook. If you’re feeling really brave bring along a favourite piece of fiction (novel/short story).
Are there any additional costs?
About the tutor
Amy Arnold won the 2018 Northern Book Prize with her debut novel, Slip of a Fish and it has also been shortlisted for the 2019 Goldsmiths prize. Reviews in the Guardian and Times Literary Supplement praised its originality. Amy is a qualified teacher and has lectured in psychology and taught creative writing at various universities.
All our ticket prices include a 50p commission; whether booking online, on the phone or at the counter. This fee helps us continue to fund our diverse programme. Creative learning classes & workshops are exempt.
Unwaged* – For those in receipt of Universal Credit, Working Tax credits, Job Seekers Allowance or Income Support.
Help the environment, save time and skip the queues at the box office with our E-tickets. Download tickets to your smart device and present to our front of house staff upon entry. Please note: E-tickets are not available for standing events or youth arts classes.