Mon 21 Sept to Mon 19 Oct 2020 (BLOCK 1) | Mon 2 Nov to Mon 7 Dec 2020 (BLOCK 2) | 11.30am-1.30pm | £67.50 per 5 week block | Tutor Dorothea Williamson
A course to develop your confidence in speaking, revises and expands aspects of German grammar and vocabulary. We include all basic language skills of reading, speaking, writing and listening. Suitable for those with an A-Level in German or an equivalent level of knowledge and experience.
What will the course or workshop cover and how will it be taught?
During the course you will learn to:
- talk about past, present and future events
- express your opinion and feelings about various topics and discuss with other- use conjunctions like nachdem, bevor, als..ob confidently
- talk about modern technology and its pros and cons
- discuss environmental issues and know possibilities for the protection of species
- use two part conjunctions like weder…noch, sowohl…als auch
- use the relative pronouns was/wo confidently in relative clauses
- describe things adding an adjective:ein guter Film, eine gute Geschichte, ein gutes Buch and use it choosing different cases
- compare advertisements and their impact
- write short texts, stories, reports etc
- listen to conversations on radio or course book clips
- read more complex articles from newspapers, magazines, internet etc
- find out about customs and traditions
- discuss current affairs in German speaking countries
Please note there are no classes on the following dates:
26 to 30 October & 16 to 20 November 2020
What do I need to bring with me?
We use Schritte International 6 from the Hueber Verlag, costs approx. £14 online.
About the tutor
Dorothea is from Stuttgart in Germany. She taught in Germany in secondary education and since 1990 in adult education in the UK. She enjoys working with groups and creating a supportive, friendly and fun atmosphere. Understanding culture and traditions and discussing current affairs is a particular interest.
Please note that this is a continuing course, with BLOCK 2 following BLOCK 1. Places on BLOCK 2 will be prioritised for those enrolling in BLOCK 1.
If you wish to enrol on this course for the first time in September, please contact the Brewery to be put in touch with the tutor to ensure this is the right level for you.
PLEASE BOOK YOUR TICKETS IN ADVANCE OF YOUR VISIT
Brewery Members receive a 10% discount on most ticketed live performances and event tickets, sign in to your account to take advantage of these discounts.
All our ticket prices include a 50p commission. This fee helps us continue to fund our diverse programme. Creative learning classes & workshops are exempt.
Audio Description (AD) is available in Screen 1. Infrared audio system is available in both Cinema Screens 1 and 2. Induction loops (T) are in place in the Theatre, please ask for assistance on the door.
Some live events may carry strict age restrictions, these are outlined on our website. Under 16’s must be accompanied by an adult at all times during evening events.
Unwaged* – For those in receipt of Universal Credit, Working Tax credits, Job Seekers Allowance or Income Support. Discounts may not be applicable on certain events.