HELP US RAISE £20K TO TRANSFORM THE BREWERY INTO ONE OF THE BEST DIGITAL ARTS CENTRES IN THE UK!
We have launched a campaign to help pay for an exciting project which will transform us one of the most innovative digital arts venues in England.
Our Digital Futures aims to raise £20,000 that will help the centre unlock the £500,000 that has been pledged by the Arts Council England, and strengthen applications to several charitable trusts that are currently underway.
The money needs to be in place by April 2019 when, if successful, work will begin to completely upgrade the Brewery’s cinema screens, create a digital learning hub with state of the art equipment and a dedicated new space to exhibit cutting-edge digital art from around the world.
The project aims to make the Brewery a flagship 21st century arts centre with the latest technology and cutting edge venues. As a whole, the scheme will transform the visitor experience for film, festivals and digital art, open up innovative opportunities to connect with new audiences online via live streaming of events and offer exciting new ways to participate in the digital arts, film and visual media.
Specific elements of the upgrade include:
- Cutting edge spaces fitted with the latest digital projection and sound, large screens, premier seating, carpets and contemporary décor,
- A digitally enhanced theatre for live performance, film and live to digital cinema, complete with a facility for live performances and events to be captured, recorded and broadcasted online
- Creation of a Digital Learning Hub for the 2D/3D digital arts, animation, film and media open to the community and professional artists to use
- A refurbish and updated rehearsal studio and development space for theatre, dance and film
- The installation of energy efficient LED stage lighting throughout our performance spaces.
A successful campaign to raise £20,000 from the public by end March 2019 is a key milestone in unlocking the funding from Arts Council England and other trusts and foundations.
Brewery Chief Executive Richard Foster said: “I have always been staggered at how readily the people of Kendal and beyond get behind our fundraising campaigns. Recent campaigns to upgrade our lift and buy new outdoor seating were very successful in a short space of time and I think this is testament to how highly the Brewery is regarded as a place for everyone in the community. We are incredibly grateful for the public’s support in the past when everyone’s resources have been tight and hope they will help us once again as this is the project that will really secure the Brewery’s future.”
“Indeed, one of the reasons we called the campaign Our Digital Future is to emphasise that this project will ultimately benefit everyone in Kendal, giving them cutting edge facilities worthy of an amazing town like Kendal, where innovation and creativity have always been important.