30 June | Saturday | 10.30am – 4.30pm | Catherine MacDairmid | £59.00 | max 12 people
Practice and develop your watercolour skills in this one day portrait workshop designed to increase your confidence with this medium whilst working direct from a model.
By the end of the session you will:
- Work more confidently in watercolour.
- Choose and use colour with more confidence for portraits.
- Be able to combine the discipline of drawing the portrait with lively watercolour mark making techniques.
- Be aware of a wider range of watercolour portrait artists
What do I need to bring with me? Any additional costs?
1) 4 x Watercolour paper sheets, at least one A2 ‘ish in size. Watercolour paper of 140lb/300gms or less should be stretched, unless it is on a block. I would go for a ‘rough’ or ‘cold pressed/not’ surface, NOT ‘hot pressed’ as it is too smooth.
- One brush is all you need, at least No. 10/12 in size as if it is a sable brush it will go into a fantastic point for any detail. If you want you can also to bring a large soft flat brush, at least ¾ inch. Also bring a slightly stiffer brush (artificial) to aid ‘lifting out’ techniques.
- A range of watercolours. Good colours for flesh are – cadmium red, alizarin crimson, rose madder, ultramarine, cerulean blue, raw sienna, cadmium yellow, viridian green, burnt umber, burnt sienna…..white and masking fluid can also be useful.
- Paper towels, water pots, pencil.
- Colour watercolour pencils can also be used as an option.
Please bring a pen, notebook and your glasses, if you need them.
Access and facilities:
Most of the Brewery is accessible for those who consider themselves to have a disability. There is a lift to all floors within the main building and adapted toilets. On occasion classes may take place in Room 14, with access via stairs only. Please contact the Adult Learning Team on 01539 722833 Ext 273/275 if you wish to discuss any specific needs or email firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEASE BOOK YOUR TICKETS IN ADVANCE OF YOUR VISIT.
Brewery Members receive a 10% discount on most ticketed live performances and event tickets, sign in to your account to take advantage of these discounts.
All our ticket prices include a 50p commission. This fee helps us continue to fund our diverse programme. Creative learning classes & workshops are exempt.
Unwaged* – For those in receipt of Universal Credit, Working Tax credits, Job Seekers Allowance or Income Support.