Tutor Dorothea Williamson | Fee £63/£50 | 5 weeks/4 weeks
This course develops your confidence in speaking, revises and expands aspects of grammar and vocabulary. We include all basic language skills of reading, speaking, writing and listening. Suitable for those with an A-Level in German or an equivalent level of knowledge and experience.
What will the course or workshop cover and how will it be taught?
- Talk about past, present and future events
- Express your opinion and feelings about various topics and discuss with others
- Describe people regarding their appearance and character
- Talk about modern technology and its pros and cons
- Discuss environmental issues
- Describe things adding an adjective:ein gutter Film, eine gute Geschichte, ein gutes Buch
- Compare advertisements and their impact
- Write short texts, stories, reports etc
- Listen to conversations on radio or course book clips
- Read more complex articles from newspapers, magazines, internet etc
- Find out about customs and traditions
- Discuss current affairs in German speaking countries
What do I need to bring with me?
We use Schritte International from the Hueber Verlag, costs approx. £14 online.
Please bring a pen, notebook and your glasses, if you need them.
Are there any additional costs?
About the tutor
Dorothea is from Stuttgart in Germany. She taught in Germany in secondary education and since 1990 in adult education in the UK. She enjoys working with groups and creating a supportive, friendly and fun atmosphere. Understanding culture and traditions and discussing current affairs is a particular interest.
Please note there is no class during the following weeks
Easter Monday 22 April 2019
Bank Holiday Monday 6 May 2019
If you have a query or are unsure whether the course is right for you please get in touch with the Creative Learning Team who will be happy to contact the tutor on your behalf.
All tickets include a commission - excluding creative learning classes & workshops.
Help the environment, save time and avoid the queues with our E-tickets. Download tickets to your smart device and present to our front of house staff upon entry.*
*E-tickets are not available for standing events or youth arts classes