Autumn 16 Sep – 9 Dec | Spring 13 Jan – 23 Mar |Summer 20 Apr – 18 May | 12.15-2.15pm | Tutor Dorothea Williamson | Autumn £126 (10 weeks) | Spring £126 (10 weeks) | Summer £63 (5 weeks)
This course develops your confidence in speaking, revises and expands aspects of grammar and vocabulary. We include all basic language skills of reading, speaking, writing and listening. Suitable for those with an A-Level in German or an equivalent level of knowledge and experience.
Please note there are no classes on the following dates:
Autumn term: 7 October, 14 October, 11 November. A class will run on Mon 21 October. Spring term: 17 February
What will the course or workshop cover and how will it be taught?
- During the course you will learn to:
- Talk about past, present and future events
- express your opinion and feelings about various topics and discuss with other- use conjunctions like nachdem, bevor, als..ob confidently
- talk about modern technology and its pros and cons
- discuss environmental issues and know possibilities for the protection of species
- use two part conjunctions like weder…noch, sowohl…als auch
- use the relative pronouns was/wo confidently in relative clauses
- describe things adding an adjective:ein guter Film, eine gute Geschichte, ein gutes Buch and use it choosing different cases
- compare advertisements and their impact
- write short texts, stories, reports etc
- listen to conversations on radio or course book clips
- read more complex articles from newspapers, magazines, internet etc
- find out about customs and traditions
- discuss current affairs in German speaking countries
What do I need to bring with me?
We use Schritte International 6 from the Hueber Verlag, costs approx. £14 online.
Are there any additional costs?
About the tutor
Dorothea is from Stuttgart in Germany. She taught in Germany in secondary education and since 1990 in adult education in the UK. She enjoys working with groups and creating a supportive, friendly and fun atmosphere. Understanding culture and traditions and discussing current affairs is a particular interest.
All our ticket prices include a 50p commission; whether booking online, on the phone or at the counter. This fee helps us continue to fund our diverse programme. Creative learning classes & workshops are exempt.
Unwaged* – For those in receipt of Universal Credit, Working Tax credits, Job Seekers Allowance or Income Support.
Help the environment, save time and skip the queues at the box office with our E-tickets. Download tickets to your smart device and present to our front of house staff upon entry. Please note: E-tickets are not available for standing events or youth arts classes.