German Advanced | Tue 18 Jan to Tue 22 Mar | 12.15-2.15pm | £136 (10 weeks) | 16 + | Tutor Dorothea Williamson | Warehouse
German Advanced is a course to develop your confidence in speaking, revises and expands aspects of German grammar and vocabulary. Suitable for those with an A-Level in German or an equivalent level of knowledge and experience.
If you wish to enrol on this course for the first time, please contact the Brewery to be put in touch with the tutor to ensure this is the right level for you, via email@example.com .
What will the course cover and how will it be taught?
We include all basic language skills of reading, speaking, writing and listening. During the course you will learn to:
- talk about past, present and future events
- express your opinion and feelings about various topics and discuss
- read and discuss newspaper articles
- discuss ideas for improving the environment using the adjectives in the comparative: bessere Verkehrsmittel, kleinere Z…
- discuss the topic Heimat
- find curiosities in Europe
- write short texts, stories, reports etc
- listen to conversations on radio or coursebook clips
- find out about customs and traditions
- discuss current affairs in German-speaking countries
What do I need to bring with me?
Pen and notebook
Are there any additional costs?
About the tutor
Dorothea is from Stuttgart in Germany. She taught in Germany in secondary education and since 1990 in adult education in the UK. She enjoys working with groups and creating a supportive, friendly and fun atmosphere. Understanding culture and traditions and discussing current affairs are of particular interest.
View all Creative Learning courses here.
PLEASE BOOK YOUR TICKETS IN ADVANCE OF YOUR VISIT.
Brewery Members receive a 10% discount on most ticketed live performances and event tickets, sign in to your account to take advantage of these discounts.
All our ticket prices include a 50p commission. This fee helps us continue to fund our diverse programme. Creative learning classes & workshops are exempt.
Unwaged* – For those in receipt of Universal Credit, Working Tax credits, Job Seekers Allowance or Income Support.