Beginners Italian | Tue 28 Sep – Thu 7 Dec | 6.30-8.30pm | £122 (9 weeks) | Tutor Cath Bond | 16 + | Warehouse
Beginners Italian is ideal for absolute beginners or those wishing to start again from scratch. Learn to get by in several everyday situations in a relaxed and friendly evening class.
If this course has already started there may be places still available. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
What will the course or workshop cover and how will it be taught?
- You will be taught basic grammar and sentence structure in the context of everyday situations, such as introducing yourself, ordering food and drink, and getting around.
- The emphasis will be on developing speaking and listening skills, via a variety of exercises and activities, in a relaxed atmosphere. There will be lots of pair and group work and the approach will be light-hearted!
- By the end of the course you will:
- Be able to get by in basic holiday situations.
- Understand basic grammar terminology.
- Recognise key elements of the way the Italian language works, particularly verbs, articles, nouns (masculine and feminine) and adjectives, and basic sentence structure.
- Have developed knowledge of useful vocabulary.
- Have the tools to build a simple sentence independently.
Please note there are no classes during the weeks beginning 25 October and 15 November.
What do I need to bring?
Please bring a pen, notebook and your glasses, if you need them.
Are there any additional costs?
You will be asked to purchase a moderately priced coursebook which the tutor will advise at the first session.
About the tutor
Catherine Bond is an experienced language teacher with a degree in French and German. During her degree, she spent a term at university in France, and a year as a language assistant in a school on Lake Constance, on the Swiss/German border. After completing a PGCE she spent 2 years living in Italy, learning Italian, and working as a teacher of English as a Foreign Language, which she continued to do in Oxford on her return to the UK. She has been teaching languages in Adult Education for the past 11 years.
PLEASE BOOK YOUR TICKETS IN ADVANCE OF YOUR VISIT.
Brewery Members receive a 10% discount on most ticketed live performances and event tickets, sign in to your account to take advantage of these discounts.
All our ticket prices include a 50p commission. This fee helps us continue to fund our diverse programme. Creative learning classes & workshops are exempt.
Unwaged* – For those in receipt of Universal Credit, Working Tax credits, Job Seekers Allowance or Income Support.