7 & 14 June | Thursday | 6.30-9pm |With Jenny Catherall | £55.00 | max 12 people
About the course:
Do you have a passion that you’d love to write about and also make it something that people would want to read? Get some great tips on how to set up your own blog. We will look at your branding, blog design, creating interesting content and taking the best photographs. We will even cover advertising, Google meta tags, social media and podcasts!
What do I need to bring with me? Any additional costs?
Come armed with a passion you want to write about, and perhaps some ideas for a blog name. You will need a notebook and your laptop.
More details about the course and what it will cover:
Tutor-led presentations, successful blogging examples, discussion and step-by-step instructions on how to set-up your own blog.
By the end of the two sessions you will have your own blog and understand how to update it with interesting content, as well as promote it via social media.
- What is blogging? We look at examples of successful blogs. What would you like to write about. What is your passion. Who do you want to read your blog. We also look at ideas on how to gather inspiration.
- Next we look at different blogging platforms and how to set up your own blog. Looking at branding and blog design. What makes a good blog. Learn about meta-tags and search labels.
- Think about the types of content you want on your blog and learn how to create an editorial schedule. We discuss the importance of great imagery and end with more examples of successful blogs.
- Review: How is it going so far? We look at each person’s blog so far, discuss and analyse.
- Discover ways to drive additional traffic to your blog and learn how to integrate your blog with other marketing and social media including Facebook, Instagram and your own newsletters (MailChimp), etc. We look into how you can set up your own dedicated URL/website address.
Have you considered advertising on your blog? How to get started through Google Analytics. We also look at other ways to generate income. Finally how many people read your blog and where do they come from. We’ll discuss how you can use this information to make your blog better in the future.
Access and facilities:
Most of the Brewery is accessible for those who consider themselves to have a disability. There is a lift to all floors within the main building and adapted toilets. On occasion classes may take place in a room with access via stairs only. Please contact the Adult Learning Team on 01539 722833 Ext 273/275 if you wish to discuss any specific needs or email email@example.com
PLEASE BOOK YOUR TICKETS IN ADVANCE OF YOUR VISIT
Brewery Members receive a 10% discount on most ticketed live performances and event tickets, sign in to your account to take advantage of these discounts.
All our ticket prices include a 50p commission. This fee helps us continue to fund our diverse programme. Creative learning classes & workshops are exempt.
Audio Description (AD) is available in Screen 1. Infrared audio system is available in both Cinema Screens 1 and 2. Induction loops (T) are in place in the Theatre, please ask for assistance on the door.
Some live events may carry strict age restrictions, these are outlined on our website. Under 16’s must be accompanied by an adult at all times during evening events.
Unwaged* – For those in receipt of Universal Credit, Working Tax credits, Job Seekers Allowance or Income Support. Discounts may not be applicable on certain events.