Film fans can experience a unique taste of Japanese cinema here this month.
The Brewery is hosting the Japan Foundation’s touring film programme which will see the centre join a select group of only 19 cinemas across the UK to host the special screenings.
The overarching theme of the programme, which runs from 14 February to 21 March 2019, is love and the titles on show at the Brewery are:
- Tonight, at the Movies (Thu 14 Feb, 8.15pm) – A romantic fantasy about a cinema fan who brings his silver screen heroine to life
- Her Love Boils Bathwater (Thu 21 Feb, 5.15pm) – A drama about a single mother determined to reunite her family after she is diagnosed with terminal cancer.
- Tremble All You Want (Thu 28 Feb, 8.15pm) – A quirky comedy about a young 20-something professional woman torn between two lovers.
- Destiny: The Tale of Kamakura (Thu 7 Mar, 8.15pm) – An off-beat and outrageous live-action Manga steeped in legend and the supernatural.
- Penguin Highway (Thu 14 Mar, 8.15pm) – Anime fantasy about a schoolboy investigating the mysterious reason behind the sudden appearance of penguins in his village
- Thicker than Water (Thu 21 Mar, 8.15pm) – Gripping drama exposing the turbulent relationships between two pairs of siblings
All of the films will be shown in the intimate surroundings of our Warehouse Cinema.
Film programmer Chris Ashton said: “We are delighted to be supporting the Japan Foundation Touring Film Programme once again as it demonstrates our commitment to provide a diverse and exciting specialist cinema offer for South Lakeland and beyond.“