The Brewery Arts Centre, Kendal
The Trustees of the Brewery Arts Centre (the Brewery) are looking to appoint a dynamic Chief Executive Officer (CEO) / Artistic Director to provide inspirational leadership and strategic vision to take the charitable organisation onto the next stage of its development, while ensuring a sustainable business model that successfully serves our audiences and the community for decades to come.
The Brewery is a thriving arts organisation and social hub with over forty-five years’ experience of delivering an inspirational programme across seven art forms and an exciting creative learning programme for all ages. We welcome over 175,000 people every year and contribute to making Kendal a vibrant cultural destination and one of the Sunday Times top ten market towns in England. We host five major festivals every year, including the internationally renowned Kendal Mountain Festival, and we have developed strong partnerships with key organisations, including Manchester’s iconic Band on the Wall. We are proud to be Cumbria Life Culture Awards current ‘Venue of the Year’.
- Have management experience in a comparable organisation
- Can demonstrate delivering organisational vision and change by leading, motivating and managing a large team of people in a customer focused environment
- Have established and nurtured external partnerships with a range of stakeholders
- Have experience of generating income from a variety of sources and setting and monitoring substantial budgets
- Would be excited to live and work in one of the most beautiful and culturally significant parts of the UK
…then we would very much like to hear from you, please see below for further information.
To apply please refer to the documents below and complete the application form. We look forward to hearing from you.
- CEO/Artistic Director Recruitment Pack
- Brewery Annual Review
- Application Guidance Notes
- Application Form
- Privacy Notice – Applicants
Please email your completed application form to Rebecca Elshaw, HR & Admin Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Hours of Work:||40|
|Pay:||£50k (in the region of)|
|Closing Date:||Mon 4 Mar 12noon|
|Interview Days:||Wed 20 Mar and Thur 21 Mar (Reserve dates if unavoidably postponed-27/28 Mar)|
For an informal and confidential discussion, please feel free to contact:
Mike Jones, Interim CEO – email@example.com 01539 722833 Ext 230
Claire Welburn, Chair of the KBACT Board – firstname.lastname@example.org 07909 510275
Rebecca Elshaw, HR & Admin Manager – email@example.com 01539 722833 Ext 242