We want everyone to be able to come to the Brewery to enjoy memorable experiences. Our building is very old and unique, however we have made every effort during its development to ensure all areas and activities are accessible to everyone.
Below are some of the facilities we have to aid accessibility. If you have any further queries please contact Box Office who will assist you or forward your enquiry to the relevant person.
Please see our Car Parking section for further information if you are wishing to park a vehicle.
Space is available near to the entrance for dropping off.
- Automatic doors are in place at the main entrance and the Cinema entrance.
- All staircases are short, have handrails and are interspersed by landing areas.
- We have a ramp outside the building to enable visitors to access the cinema and upper levels of the main building externally.
- The Box Office has a lower surface area for the customers’ convenience.
The main building has a lift to all four floors and the cinema has a lift between all three floors. An internal ramp connects the two buildings on level 4.
- Lifts are available as detailed above.
- Wheelchair spaces are available in all venues – simply mention when booking a ticket to ensure a space is reserved.
- Wheelchair refuge areas are designated throughout the venue for evacuation purposes
Toilets which have level access and wider doors are in the following locations:
- Main Building, Level L2 - Outside the Theatre main entrance.
- Main Building, Level U2 - Outside the Malt Room (only open when Malt Room events on)
- Main Building, Level 3 - Outside the Vats Bar and Grainstore Restaurant.
- Warehouse Café, one level - General toilet.
- Cinema, Level 3.
- Induction loops are in place in the Theatre and Cinema spaces. Please ask for assistance on the door.
- Theatre – a hearing loop is available by switching a hearing aid to the ‘T’ position. This currently only works in select seats so please mention at Box Office when booking tickets.
- Cinema Screens 1 and 2 – an infrared audio system is available. However customers will need to use our necklace loop for hearing aids to work in the ‘T’ position. A separate headset is available if customers do not have an induction loop compatible hearing aid.
- Audio description of films shown in cinema screen 1 are available. Please ask for assistance on the door.
- Some films are subtitled and will be indicated with ‘SUB’ after the title on our cinema information.
- Visits to the performance venue prior to an event can be arranged with prior notice.
- Assistance and Guide Dogs are welcome
- Assistance will be given if requested when queuing. Assistance may be; portable chairs, priority access or the option of moving to a seated area until access is available.
We will seek to make ‘reasonable adjustments’ in order to accommodate any visitor to the centre. Before instigating any adjustments we would consider: the amount of disruption caused by making the adjustment; the amount of time available; the financial implications and the health and safety of others.